Fresh berries make for the best spring or summer snack! Go beyond just popping the berries on their own by adding them to these fiber-rich filling Quinoa Chia Balls from Chosen Foods. Healthy fats from coconut butter create a satisfying, creamy texture and honey adds just a tad bit of sweet to balance out the tart raspberries.
- 1/2 cup Uncooked Chosen Foods Royal White Quinoa
- 1 cup Filtered water
- 2 ounce Fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup Coconut butter
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoon Honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the uncooked quinoa with the filtered water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the water to a simmer, cover with a lid, and turn the heat to medium low and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the water as been absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave covered for 3-5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Dump the quinoa into a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- While the quinoa is cooling, combine the raspberries, coconut butter, coconut oil, chia seeds, honey, and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides, as needed. Allow the mixture to sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the chia seeds to plump up and process the mixture again.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the food processor and mix again until it’s smooth and creamy. Scoop into small balls and lay them out onto a lined pan or dish. Move the dish to the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until the bites have hardened just a bit. Extras are best kept stored in the refrigerator.
- *Note: if you find you’ve added the quinoa while it’s still too warm, the mixture might start to melt a bit and be difficult to form into balls. If this happens, move the mixture to the refrigerator until it’s hardened but not rock hard. Then scoop the mix into small bites.