Balsamic World USA brings us this is a light and refreshing meal or side to a meal to enjoy this summer--or year round!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (prepared boling 1/2 cup of dry quinoa in 1 cup of salted water per each serving)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 large bowl of salad greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (Cuvee 8 would be suggested)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, reducing the heat before adding cooked quinoa, corn, and pine nuts. Sauté until the quinoa is a little crunchy, the corn slightly brown, and the pine nuts toasted, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature or a little warmer, and toss with salad greens.
- Whisk the oil and the 3 tablespoons of cuvee 8 (balsamic vinegar) together, adding salt and pepper to taste, and toss with the salad. Taste and add more oil, vinegar, or salt to your personal preference.
- Slivered almonds (or any other nuts you like) can be substituted for the pine nuts.If using frozen corn, add it to the pan first to thaw.Add more quinoa and nuts to make this a light meal.