These Lemon Berry Quinoa Pancakes are bursting with flavor but carry none of the guilt of your average pancake. Cooked quinoa makes a great binder for a gluten-free variation that’s packed with fiber. Simply cook up your quinoa, let it cool a bit, and blend it into the batter until smooth. Use your favorite, seasonal berries and make sure to save a little extra for serving.
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods Royal White Quinoa
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk of choice
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon Butter, ghee, or coconut oil (plus more for greasing)
- 2 tablespoon Honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 4 teaspoon Coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen berries (approximate)
- Add the Royal White Quinoa to a saucepan with 1 cup of filtered water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the quinoa from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add the eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract, butter, honey, and sea salt to a blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the cooked quinoa, coconut flour, baking power, and baking soda. Blend again on high speed until very smooth, about 2-3 minutes. It’s important that the batter be very smooth for the pancakes to bind together well. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grease the skillet with butter and pour the batter out into pancake shapes. Sprinkle a few berries on top of the cooking pancakes. Cook until the edges begin to bubble, then flip to cook the second side. Cook the second side until browned and remove them to a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving.