This dish comes from Nicole Leggio. Nicole posts awesome recipes on her blog, Cooking for Keeps. She’s a foodie, a chef, and her dog’s name is Ravioli. Needless to say she’s crazy about pasta. Use Banza gluten free Chickpea pasta to capture the full flavors of this delicious soup.
- 1 8 oz. of Banza Elbows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken stock
- 15 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 parmesan cheese rind
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped kale
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil to a medium heat. Add clery, carrots, onion, garlic and salt. Saute until vegetables become slightly soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, canned tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, cheese rind and dried basil. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, kale and pasta. Cook until pasta is cooked, another 5-6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.