Taylor Dayne shares her special tomato sauce recipe with us that she enjoys making for her family.
- 6 Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 Cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 Sweet onion
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil (fresh)
- Sausage out of casing or turkey or chicken or pork
- Sugar to taste
- Prepare 2 large skillets. Place chopped onion and garlic with a dash of olive oil in 1 pan and brown. Put all spices and some olive oil in the other pan and simmer.
- Put tomatoes in a large pot with browned onion and garlic mixture.
- Brown meat in a skillet and then add to sauce and cook until mixture boils.
- Turn sauce down to low and use hand mixer to mix the sauce in the pot.
- Add herbs and mix again with hand mixer.
- Continue to cook on low until sauce is fragrant and ready to serve.