This is Les Trois Petits Cochons version of a Vietnamese Sandwich. All of the traditional flavors, plus a surprise taste of Pâté.
- 8 ounce Pâté de Campagne
- Cornichons (Baby Sour Gherkins)
- 1 French baguette
- 4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Large cucumber, peeled, seeded, halved crosswise & sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Pickled carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, packed tightly
- 4 teaspoon Soy sauce
- Slice off the top 1/3 of the baguette lengthwise and set aside. Remove enough of the bottom interior so that the filling can easily fit inside.
- Spread half of the mayonnaise on top and the other half on the bottom of the baguette.
- Take the Pâté de Campagne out of the refrigerator, unmold, remove aspic and, with a chef’s knife, slice into eight equal parts. Place the slices of Pâté de Campagne next to one another on the bottom half of the baguette, top with cucumber, pickled carrots, cilantro leaves, soy sauce and close with the upper part of the baguette.
- Cut into four sandwiches and serve with Les Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons.