Roll out the patio furniture and fire up the grills – May is almost here. That’s great news for families everywhere because, along with all the flowering plant life and warmer weather, May also brings us National Barbecue Month, the yearly celebration of outdoor entertaining and America’s family-favorite dish. Enjoy this twist on this traditional dish, which is sure to please the entire family.
- 2 pound Byron's Fully Cooked Pork BBQ
- 8 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Granny Smith Apples, washed and grated
- 12 ounce package coleslaw mix
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat pork BBQ according to package directions and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix and grated apples.
- Stir in the mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the corn tortillas on the prepared baking sheet and bake them until their edges begin to get crispy, but the tortillas are still pliable (about 1 minute).
- To serve, divide warm BBQ evenly among the tortillas and top with the apple slaw. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.