"I am always excited about cooking and eating on the holidays and sharing time with love ones, however we are usually left with a lot of turkey and I get bored with basic turkey soup and sandwiches. I got creative and made a substitude for crab cakes using leftover turkey meat."
- 3 cups turkey, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup mayo, plus 1/4 cup for slaw dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon muster
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs (place in bowl and whisk )
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1/3 cup red onions
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Put turkey green onions, and celery together in a food processor on course chop than remove and add mayo, Dijon muster, salt and pepper to choice. Then make into crabcake sizes patties roll in egg wash and then in bread crumb and panko. Sit in refrigerator for 20 mins.
- Preheat pan with 1/4 olive oil on med then place cake in oil pan fry until golden on each side and remove and let rest.
- Take apple cider vinegar and place in bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take cake and place on plate then add slaw on top.
Chef Mimi is a 1995 graduate of SF california Culinary Arts Academy, Le Cordon Bleu. She has worked from executive chef for Willy Maze restaurants to running her own catering business. Within the last year, she has started a media co. and created Urban Food Experience, an online website that supports chefs, restaurants etc. from an urban perspective. She also works in public health as an advocate for women and families to create healthier meals.