"I am so jazzed over this lower-carb mashed potato recipe, which tastes just like the real thing," said Kristin Porter of Iowa Girl Eats.
- 2 large potatoes (1-1/2lbs,) peeled then chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- salt and pepper
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a large soup pot then drop a steamer basket into the pot. Add potatoes, place a lid on top, turn heat down to medium, and then steam potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets on top of the potatoes, place lid back on top, then steam for another 10 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are very tender. Transfer to a large food processor fitted with the whipping blade.
- Meanwhile, warm milk and 2 Tablespoons butter in a small saucepan then add to food processor with salt and pepper. Process until very smooth then set aside.