"This gluten, dairy, and banana-free smoothie recipe is packed with good for you, detoxifying ingredients including baby spinach, orange, carrot, ginger, chia seeds and pineapple, which I used instead of a banana to thicken and sweeten the smoothie," says Kristin Porter of Iowa Girl Eats.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled then chopped
- 1 clementine or 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh microplaned or minced ginger (optional)
- 6 ice cubes
- Add 1/4 cup almond milk to the blender then add spinach, pineapple, carrot, clementine, chia seeds, and fresh ginger if using.
- Blend until very very smooth, adding up to 1/4 cup more almond milk to reach desired consistency (I used 5 Tablespoons total.) Add ice cubes then blend again until smooth.