Lighten up this holiday season without sacrificing traditional cookie taste. If you’re a fan of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is definitely for you. These cookies are made with the new Truvia Brown Sugar Blend so they have less sugar than a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup TRUVIA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in microwave and add to large mixing bowl with the TRUVIA® Brown Sugar Blend.
- Add vanilla, egg and water. Mix for 1-2 minutes to start dissolving the Brown Sugar Blend.
- Whisk salt and baking soda into the flour in a separate bowl. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix to form a very soft dough that’s like thick batter. This thin consistency will allow the cookies to spread in the oven and develop a soft and chewy texture.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on cookie sheet and press down lightly. Bake for 6-7 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes until cookies set, then transfer to cooling rack.