Spicy Italian sausage, mozzarella, cheddar, tomatoes, bacon, brussel sprouts, and more, give this Italian delicious rustic flavours with an Italian flair! For more recipes like this, visit BSintheKitchen.com.
- No-knead dough (makes 3 10-12 inch pizzas)
- 3¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Italian sausage (cooked)
- 2-3 slices Bacon (cooked & chopped)
- 3-4 tbsp pizza sauce
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- 4 brussel sprouts (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (shaved into ribbons)
- ¼ of a large red onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced, seeds removed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, slowly add the water, whisking until ingredients are well combined.
- Gently mix the dough with your hands until a ball is formed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, allowing the dough to rest at room temperature for around 18 hours, or until roughly doubled in size.
- Once dough has rested, cut into three portions. On a floured worked surface, gather four corners to the center of the dough, creating four folds.
- Place seam side down, gently form dough into a ball, dust with flour, wrap in plastic, or cover with damp towel and let rest for 1 hour. If storing in the fridge, lightly coat ball of dough with oil, and wrap in plastic wrap, taking dough out of the fridge at least an hour before using for pizza.
- Before cooking the pizza, turn oven to its hottest setting (~500F), allowing to preheat for one hour. If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven before preheating.
- To form the discs, flour whatever surface you will be transferring the pizza into the oven with (I use a large pizza paddle).
- Using the back of your hands, gently stretch the dough into 10-12 inch discs. Place toppings on pizza.
- If using pizza stone, place pizza on the stone, turning the oven to broil, and cook for 5-7 minutes until pizza is cooked to your liking.
- If you don’t have a pizza stone, place pizza on a floured baking sheet, cooking for about 10 minutes on the ovens hottest setting.
- In a bowl, combine sliced brussel sprouts, ribbons of carrot, red onion, oregano and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and a bit of red wine vinaigrette, followed by salt & pepper to taste, toss to coat.
- Once pizza dough is formed, spread on an even coating of pizza sauce, followed by chopped bacon, along with a little bit of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread brussel sprouts, onion, and garlic mixture onto pizza.Top with sliced Italian sausage, tomato, and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake according to directions above. Slice, serve, and enjoy!