Pears with some creamy almond butter and a drizzle of honey grilled on granola-crusted country levain? Yeah, that works. The perfect sweet and crunchy breakfast panini. For more recipes like this, visit the PaniniHappy.com.
- 1/4 cup granola
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 slices rustic white bread, sliced from a dense bakery loaf
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 ripe pear or apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pulse the granola in a food processor until the oats have been cut down to about 1/8-inch in size, but not completely ground up. Mix the chopped granola in with the butter until it's well combined.
- For each sandwich: Spread granola butter on two slices of bread to create the outer crust of the sandwich. Flip over both slices of bread and spread almond butter on each. Top one slice of bread with a layer of pear slices and a drizzle of honey. Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill the panini, two at a time, until the bread is toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.