Garlic-mashed potatoes are super popular in restaurants. With Star Kay White’s Garlic and Parsley extracts they are easier than ever to make at home. You can add the extracts to instant mashed potatoes as well.
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, (about 2 pounds) washed, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup warmed milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (or ½ cup sour cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Star Kay White garlic extract
- ½ teaspoon Star Kay White parsley extract
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to almost cover the potatoes. Place over high heat and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about ½ hour. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes with a food mill or masher back into the pot. Add the warmed milk, butter and salt and pepper heating gently. You can add more milk to make the potatoes as moist as you like them. Stir in the Star Kay White garlic and parsley extracts.
- Hold in a warm place and serve as soon as possible.