Chef Brust also recommends pouring some rum into the cider for something a bit more “frisky.”
Ingredients – for the cider
- ½ gallon Apple Cider
- 1 each Cinnamon Sticks
- 10 each Cardamom Pods
- 1 each Star Anise
- 1 each Bay Leaf
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 each Lemon, Juiced
- 1 each Pie Pumpkin, Peeled, Seeded, Large Chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Ginger, Crushed and Juiced
- In a large soup pot over medium heat add all of the ingredients.
- Simmer the cider for one hour, be sure to break up the pumpkin when it softens.
- Strain the cider.
- Serve in your favorite mug or cider glass. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.