These apple fritters are extremely easy to make and perfect for the Fall season.
For the Fritters
- 1 quart of tart apples, pared and thinly sliced
- Grated lemon peel
For the Batter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sugar (granulated or powdered)
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar and baking powder for the batter.
- Sprinkle grated lemon peel and cinnamon over apple slices.
- Dip apples in batter and drop into hot oil in deep fryer or deep fry pan. Remove when golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar.