"Nothing finishes off these shells like freshly grated high-quality cheese and a glass of red wine. Dinner is served!" says Amanda Bernal of Girl Who Bakes.
- 12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 5 ounces ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta
- 1 egg white
- 1/2-1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Cook shells and spinach according to the package directions. Drain and squeeze spinach of excess moisture. Meanwhile, brown ground turkey and onions in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, egg white, garlic, turkey and onion in a medium-sized bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat the bottom of baking dish with 1/2 cup of pasta sauce.
- Fill shells with mixture, about a tablespoon a shell, and place in coated baking dish. When all are filled and in dish, pour remaining pasta sauce over shells.
- Cover dish with oven-safe lid or aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until warm and bubbly.