Definitely not your grandma's deviled egg recipe. Give those savory bites a little crunch is tiny pieces of super light popchips.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 each lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 bag sea salt popchips, crushed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place eggs in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil. Once the water boils turn off the heat, cover the pot with foil and let eggs sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs and place in ice water until cool enough to touch, about 4 minutes.
- Slice eggs in half and set yolks aside, line the halfed egg white “shells” on a plate and keep cold.
- Add the yolks and the rest of the ingredients into a Cuisinart and puree until well mixed, season with your salt to your liking.
- Using a piping bag (if you don’t have a piping bag you can use a zip lock bag and cut the corner off so you have a tip to use to pipe the filling in)
- Pipe the filling into the egg whites, sprinkle the top with the crushed sea salt popchips. Enjoy.