Get tropical with your cheeseburger. This teriyaki glazed slider is savory and sweet-- perfect to satisfy hungry party snackers or serve as a full meal. Making your own teriyaki sauce couldn't be easier and Nancy from Coupon Clipping Cook adds grilled pineapple to her buns for an extra fruity kick.
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- Pineapple juice (from an 8 ounce can of sliced pineapple)
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of Hoisin sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons of rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 2 cloves of garlic (diced)
For the Cilantro Burgers:
- ¾ pound of ground beef
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (diced)
- 4 dashes of salt
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of canned pineapple
- 4 slider buns (or small dinner rolls)
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- In a medium size sauce pan, add the chopped garlic, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and all of the pineapple juice from an 8 ounce can of sliced pineapple. Add the honey and stir all ingredients together. Cook the sauce on low to medium heat until it starts to thicken (about 15 to 20 minutes). Stir the sauce as its cooking. Once the sauce starts to thicken, remove from the heat and set aside.
For the Cilantro Burger:
- Heat the barbeque grill on medium heat. In a medium size bowl add the ground beef, cilantro, red pepper flakes, green onions, salt, and garlic. Mix together and make 4 small thick patties.When the grill is medium-hot add the burgers on the grill and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side (or longer if you prefer the burgers more well done). For the last minute of cooking time, place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each burger. Remove from the grill, cover with foil and set aside.
- While the burgers are cooking, add the slices of pineapple to the grill. As soon as you see grill marks on the bottom side of the pineapple (about 2 to 3 minutes), turn it over. Then as soon as there are grill marks on the other side, remove the pineapple from the grill on to a plate and set aside.
- Slice the buns in half crosswise and lay them out with the cut sides facing up. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce on the sides that are facing up. Then add a slice of grilled pineapple and a cilantro burger to each bottom side of the bun. Next, drizzle more of the teriyaki sauce on top of the burger. Cover the slider with the top sides of the bun and serve warm. Serve as is, or top with sliced tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves or lettuce, and mayonnaise.