Those crispy crunchy cheesy bits are the star of this burger recipe from Nancy of Coupon Clipping Cook. Loaded with spicy jalapeno bits, these sliders are a great party appetizer of tailgate treat.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Slider Rolls (or Dinner Rolls)
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
For the Burger:
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper (unless you like more heat). Dice the jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- In a medium size bowl, add the ground beef, diced jalapeno pepper and garlic. Then add the pepper and mix all of the ingredients together. Next, form the hamburger into patties.
- In a small diameter size skillet, brown the hamburger patty on both sides. Before the hamburger patty is done, pile one cup of shredded cheese on top of the patty. Cover the pan with a lid. When the cheese has spread over the bottom of the pan and can be lifted up along with the patty, remove it from the pan and set aside while warming the buns.
For the Buns:
- Add the butter to a large skillet on medium heat. Put the buns in face down so that the inside of the bread gets covered with the butter. Cook until the inside of the buns are a golden-brown toasted color.
For the Crispy Cheese Burger Sliders:
- Set the crispy cheese burger on top of the bottom side of the bun. Add a touch of your favorite dressing (ranch, blue cheese, mayonnaise or whatever you like). Slice the avocado and tomato. Next, add a slice of tomato on top of the burger, and then the avocado, a dash of pepper, and a dash of salt. Lastly, add the top side of the bun to the crispy cheese burger.