Artichokes are hearty vegetable that can stand up to the heart of a charcoal grill. Salty and savory, this dish is a wonderful side to any yakitori meat preparation. Dip into the miso glaze for extra umami flavor.
- 3 halves Artichoke
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ lemon Squeezed juice
Miso Glaze for Artichoke Yakitori
- 1 cup Saikyo Miso
- 1 cup Hacho Miso
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups dashi
- 2/3 cup Sake
- Peel artichoke and cut off stems.
- Cook with water, salt, lemon juice.
- Bring to boil, simmer 6 minutes, be careful not to overcook!
- Skewer before grilling on both sides for about 5 minutes.
For the miso sauce
- Mix together, bring to boil, simmer 3 minutes, allow to cool. Serve on the side.