This amped of version of a Chicago style dog from Dax Phillips of Simple Comfort Food may just be your favorite way to enjoy a dog from the Midwest. Don't skimp on the toppings to get the ultimate spice and crunch. Salty and savory, this adventurous dog doesn't disappoint.
- Johnsonville Wieners (use something that has a great casing, and results in a nice snap)
- Poppyseed hot dog buns
- Yellow mustard
- Roma Tomato(s), cut into thin wedges
- Pickle spears (I love Famous Dave’s)
- Green relish
- White onion, diced
- Banana Peppers, sliced
- Cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- Celery salt
- Begin by boiling your wieners for about 10-12 minutes.
- As the hot dogs cook, start assembling your ingredients. When the meat is ready, place a pickle spear in the bottom of a bun.
- Place your wiener in the bun, place the tomato wedges on the side, along with the banana peppers, relish, and diced onion.
- Squirt on the mustard, top with the cheddar cheese strings and sprinkle with celery salt.
- Repeat, as the first one is so good you will be screaming for another one.