These Buffalo Chicken Dogs are a tangy way to enjoy that perfect spicy flavor without getting your hands completely covered in wing sauce. Dax Phillips of Simple Comfort Food says these also make a unique game day dish. The sweetness of chicken sausage and creamy blue cheese take this signature dog to the next level. And don't forget the celery for some added crunch.
- 1 whole chicken hot dog
- 1 hot dog bun, sliced
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp celery, thinly sliced
- celery leaves, torn (optional)
- Add water to a skillet, and set on the stove, on medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- While sausage cooks, add Frank's Red Hot sauce and butter to small sauce pan and melt together.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees to toast hot dog bun. The light crunchy texture is similar to what you might get from the crunch of a crispy chicken wing. After a few minutes, check your bun, and once it is lightly toasted, remove from the oven.
- To make the buffalo chicken hot dog, add the chicken sausage to your bun.
- Pour the hot sauce all over the hot dog, and top with the blue cheese, and celery.Dig in.