Marinated in beer and garished with a yogurt and horseradish sauce, this grilled skirt steak is easy to prep and a wiz to grill.
- ¼ cup fresh horseradish, grated
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs. skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 tsp. grape seed oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 10oz bottle of brunette ale
- In a small food processor, mix horseradish, yogurt, olive oil, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Process until creamy and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pat steaks dry, drizzle steak with oil, and season salt and pepper. Rub with hands on both sides.
- Place on shallow, small baking tray and pour beer so that it covers steak almost completely. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill to cook over direct heat.
- Oil rack and grill steaks for about 8 minutes total, turning over once for medium-rare.
- Remove from heat and allow resting for 5 minutes, tenting loosely with aluminum foil.
- Sliced steak thinly and serve with horseradish sauce.
After capturing the hearts of MasterChef fans, Alejandra left her career in real estate and hasn’t looked back. She channels her love of food, eating healthy and supporting local farmers into her Cook Global, Eat at Home! blog. She has appeared on the television shows The Talk and Access Hollywood Live, and tours culinary festivals where she shares her concern for biodiversity and sustainable farming practices.