This recipe from Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants uses one of dad's favorite beverages, to make a salty, sweet treat that he will really enjoy.
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 stick butter
- 12 ounce bottle of your favorite beer
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt
- Melt butter and brown sugar together in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly add beer, corn syrup and milk while stirring constantly.
- Cook caramels to 240° F. Do not stop stirring once milk is added or caramels will scorch.
- Once you reach 240° F, take mixture off of heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into 9” x 13” pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of hot caramels. Let them set until firm enough to cut.