A spicy and hearty egg dish that will certainly heat up your typical brunch. Serve with warm crusty bread for the perfect Italian style breakfast.
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 4 Fresh Hot Red Chili Peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Small Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for Drizzling
- 10-12 Basil Leaves
- Crusty Bread for Serving
- Preheat Oven to Broil
- Put the tomato sauce, crushed garlic, and slices peppers in an oven-safe pan.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and top with the red onion and garlic. Cover with the Parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and the eggs are cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and use a spoon to push the basil leave under the eggs, helping to separate the eggs from the pan. Drizzle again with olive oil.
- Serve on crusty bread.
Fabio Viviani is perhaps best known for his appearance on season 5 of Bravo's hit reality series Top Chef in 2008, earning the "Fan Favorite" title. Off screen, Viviani is a regular headliner at global food events and festivals.He has authored two successful cookbooks, Café Firenze Cookbook, and his latest release Fabio's Italian Kitchen. Read more about FabioViviani.