This is an easy, and super classy, way to impress to Mom on Mother's Day, accodring to Chef Parisi.
For the Cake:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter + more for coating
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 ¾ teaspoons of baking powder
For the Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- 16 ounces of frozen blueberries
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a spring form pan with a parchment paper round and butter the bottom and sides of the pan.
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment whip together the butter and sugar until fluffy and white. Next add in the zest and 1 egg at a time. Make sure to scrape the mixer after every egg is whipped in.
- After the eggs are incorporated fold in the almond flour, cornmeal, and baking powder until incorporated. Pour the batter into the spring form pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, cool completely.
- In a medium sauce-pot with frozen blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and honey and cook on medium-high heat until the blueberries are cooked down and the liquid becomes a thick syrup. Cook completely once finished.
- While in the oven whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stuff peaks are formed and keep cool in the refrigerator.
- To Serve: Put the whipped cream all over the cake and top off with blueberries.
A Bachelors of Science in Communications / Video Production set the stage for Parisi's latest roles as the faces of fixmyrecipe.com, Lowes Foods, Heinen's Grocery Stores and Sears Holdings Corporations. Parisi has been featured on several national TV, radio and print mediums, including the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun-Times and Comcast On-Demand. Learn more about Billy Parisi.