Is it possible that a vegan dessert can actually taste good? Quinn Ventura, pastry chef at New York's Blossom du Jour thinks so.
- 1 3/4 Cup vegan butter
- 2 Cup organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon potato starch
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- 8 Tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 Cup oats
- 1 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 Cup pumpkin seeds
- In a mixing bowl cream together your vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the potato starch, arrowroot and water until a light foam begins to form.
- Add your foam mixture to your creamed butter and mix until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the oats to the dough and gently fold in.
- Lastly add the flour mix, the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix until the dough just comes together. Put dough on cookie sheep in heaping tablespoons. Bake at 325 for 14 minutes rotating the pan 180 degrees half way through.