Fresh and spicy, this chilled soup is the perfect dish to serve as the weather warms up.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Wakaya Ginger Powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder
- 6 ounces freshly-steamed lobster tail, sliced into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- 1 tablespoon julienned cilantro
- 1 tablespoon corn nuts, each kernel cut in half
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Add onions, carrots and one pinch salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly softened and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add corn and continue to cook slowly for 5 minutes until it begins to soften. Add turmeric, shallot, garlic and 1 teaspoon of Wakaya Ginger Powder; cook for one minute longer.
- Add vegetable stock, salt, cayenne and bring to a boil; reduce heat and return to a gentle simmer. Simmer soup, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Remove saucepan from heat and transfer soup to a large bowl over an ice water bath to help expedite the cooling process.
- Once soup has cooled to room temperature, blend soup: working in batches, transfer soup to blender and purée until smooth. Strain soup through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl and chill, covered, until ready to serve.
- In a separate chilled bowl, whip heavy cream until it just forms soft mounds; whisk in remaining 1/8 teaspoon Wakaya Ginger Powder and one pinch salt.
- Distribute chilled lobster pieces and soup evenly between four serving bowls. Place one tablespoon ginger cream in center of each soup bowl; top with cilantro and corn nuts. Enjoy!