The classic tuna melt gets a gourmet twist in this grilled cheese, stepping outside of the can with seared tuna steak. For more recipes like this, visit BSintheKitchen.com.
- 2 Slices of French bread
- 1 Tuna steak
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 Cup dill pickle (chopped)
- 1/4 of a celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 Green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2-3 Sprigs of fresh dill
- Get a pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle your tuna steak with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
- Once pan is heated, sear tuna for about one and a half minutes on each side. Remove tuna, turn heat to medium-low. Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
- On bottom slice, spread about a tablespoon of mayo. Place Gruyere cheese, dill pickle, celery, green onion, and fresh dill.
- Place sliced tuna on top along with more fresh dill and cheddar cheese. Spread about a tablespoon of mayo on inside of top slice. Form sandwich.
- Place your sandwich in the pan, cover with lid, and turn to medium heat. Fry until golden brown on each side.