It's hard to beat a good tuna melt, especially when you add bacon to it. For more recipes like this, visit Paninihappy.com.
- 1 (6 Ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 Rib celery, minced
- 1-2 Tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more for spreading on bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Slices country-style bread
- 4 Slices fully cooked bacon
- 1 Tomato, sliced thinly
- 2-4 Slices mozzarella cheese (cheddar or Swiss would also be nice)
- Preheat the panini grill to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine albacore, celery, mayonnaise salt and pepper to make tuna salad.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Assemble each sandwich with bacon, tuna salad, tomatoes and cheese between two slices of bread.
- Grill panini for 6-7 minutes (if you’re using sliced bread, you might want to brush a little melted butter or olive oil on the outside for extra crispness and flavor) until the cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Serve immediately and enjoy!