This simple, refreshing side is a great companion to Chef Jordan Toft's roasted lamb. Enjoy fresh squash throughout the warm summer months.
- 2 qt water
- 2 c quinoa
- 4 tbsp salt
- 4 medium sized heirloom zucchini squash, (about 2 cups) sliced thin, grilled 3 tbsp torn mint
- 3 tbsp chervil
- 4 shallots thinly sliced
Preserved lemon vinaigrette
- 1/8 c lemon juice
- 1/8 c preserved lemon rind (pureed in blender)
- 1 c good olive oil
- Bring water to a boil, add salt.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add quinoa.
- While quinoa is cooking, grill squash.
- Cook like pasta until al dente and quinoa has sprouted. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix quinoa with remaining ingredients (reserve 1T of mint & chervil for finishing) and ¼ cup of preserved lemon vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently, transfer to serving dish, and garnish with remaining mint and chervil.
At The Eveleigh, Jordan Toft is known for harnessing the best the area has to offer, and he consciously sources ingredients from California and abroad that have sustainable and free-range origins.