I have had baked brie with cranberries and nuts many a times and it is SO good that I figured, I couldn’t go wrong with a grilled cheese, right? For more recipes like this, visit Cookingstoned.tv.
- 2 Slices Italian Batard (or any bread you have on hand)
- 1 Ounce Brie, room temperature
- 1 Heaping spoonful Boozy & Baked cranberry sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, softened
- While it seems to say, “slice bread” for a grilled cheese recipe. I find that the bread makes the sandwich. I really love this Italian batard. It was firm and chewy, soaked up the butter and was just delicious when grilled. You don’t have to use it but you would be wrong if you didn’t. I kid!
- Softened butter works best on a grilled cheese. I always keep a stash of whipped butter in the fridge, just let it sit out and then smear it all over the bread. You only need to butter one side of each slice. This is the side that will be grilled.
- Smear the brie and roasted cranberries onto the side of the bread that is not buttered. And sandwich it with another buttered slice. All this butter and cheese is making me hungry!
- In my opinion, a grilled cheese sandwich is best done in a iron skillet. You don’t need it to be very hot. Turn the stove to a medium-high heat, and once the skillet is warmed, add the sandwich. Let it sit for two minutes and then flip it. It should come out perfect every time!