Do-si-dos have a peanut buttery goodness that's addictive. Mrs. Happy Homemaker has perfected this recipe that fills that craving and doesn't keep you in the kitchen all day long.
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup quick cooking oats
- 3 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 Cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Step 1: Cookie
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal and stir.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheet, and press each mound down with a fork to form 1/4 inch thick cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown.
Step 4: Filing
- Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, and the cream. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.