Envisioned by Executive Chef and Bravo's Top Chef Winner Hung Huynh, these bite-sized tacos are a perfect light snack that packs a punch when it comes to flavor. While the Mahi Tacos are easy enough to prepare for any at-home chef, they are poised to impress guests with expectations of your run-of-the-mill nachos and mini hotdogs. Everyone knows the food is the next best thing to the game itself, so make your party memorable with CATCH Miami's Mahi Tacos, which are even favored by Running Back Reggie Bush.
- 1 1/2 lb Mahi filet
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 whole avocados, sliced - for topping tacos
- Taco shells
For the tomatillo sauce
- 1 lb tomatillos- cut in to chunks
- 1 cup shallots sliced thin
- 1/4 cup garlic chopped
- 1 piece jalapeño
- 4 TBSP white vinegar
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 TBSP cilantro
- 2 T lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill or sear Mahi in oil and season with salt. Chill till ready to use or keep warm.
- Combine all tomatillo sauce ingredients except the cilantro, lime juice, vinegar- sautéed everything together till all is tender.
- Then place all ingredients together in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add this sauce to the Mahi and flake the fish to small pieces. Add the sauce as needed.
- Place Mahi with sauce into a taco shell. Garnish with avocado slices and serve.