Brownies and cheesecake together at last. Mix up the toppings for decadent variety.
- 1 C Brownie Brittle Crumbs
- 3 T melted butter
- 1 1/2 C cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 C packed dark brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C finely chopped pecans
- Combine above ingredients and press into bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese very well - use food processor if available. Add sugar and flour and mix until well blended
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Batter should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour over crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 min. Reduce temp to 250 degrees and continue baking for 25 to 30 min. or until middle of cake looks almost set. Turn off oven, but leave cake in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and loosen from sides of pan. Cool on rack. Remove rim. Chill. Then brush with maple syrup and garnish with pecan halves.