Almost as delicious as pizza. Far fewer calories! For more recipes like this visit Healthyrecipeblogs.com.
- 2 (8 Ounce) packages cremini (Baby Bella) mushrooms, stems removed, wiped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 20 small basil leaves, or chop larger basil leaves into pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the mushrooms with the oil. Place, top side up, on a rack on a baking pan lined with foil (to catch drippings).
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Carefully rearrange mushrooms so that they are top side down. Spoon a teaspoon of sauce into each mushroom. Sprinkle dried basil over sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.