Risotto balls are always a party hit. Slow down when you're cooking the rice to keep the inside nice and creamy.
- 2 cups aborrio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 diced onion
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- 1/4 fontina cheese
- 1 tbsp saffron
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups herbed bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 qt canola oil
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Sauté onions with saffron until soft. Add rice and coat with oil.
- Deglaze with white wine. Stir in hot chicken stock with one ladle at a time. Let the stock to absorb before adding any more.
- Once you have incorporated all the stock, finish with the two cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cool the risotto.
- Make one ounce balls, bread the balls in the flour, egg then bread crumbs.
- Heat canola oil to 300 f. Fry arincini for 3 minutes. Remove and pat dry of excess oil. Serve topped with prosciutto, shaved cheese or marinara sauce for dipping.