These dumplings are surprisingly easy to make. With a little dipping sauce, these might be your next go-to favorite party starter.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup shitake mushroom, chopped
- 1 each Egg, beaten
- Dumpling wrappers
- In a food processor, combine chicken, soy, sugar, ginger, garlic and pulse until meat is roughly chopped.
- Add water, olive oil, sesame oil then pulse until its finely chopped. Then add cornstarch and pulse again for another 10 seconds.
- Remove and then fold in the mushrooms and scallions. Reserve and chill.
- Take each dumpling wrapper put 1 Tablespoon of mixture in the middle of each dumpling wrapper.
- In a separate bowl beat an egg with a fork. Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of each dumpling wrapper with the beaten egg. Fold dumpling in half, securing ends.
- Boil in water for approximately 5 minutes, until it floats. After it floats, cook for another 2 minutes.Serve with Sriracha or Dumpling Dipping Sauce