Homemade cranberry syrup makes this a perfect drink to dazzle during the holidays.
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- 1 oz cranberry simple syrup
- Kaffir lime
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
To create simple syrup
- In a saucepan over low heat add the sugar and the water; stir. Cook until the sugar is dissolved, about 8 minutes. Do not bring to a boil, keep at low heat.Add the cranberries, stir, and remove from the heat. Let cool. Bottle and then store in refrigerator until ready to use.
To make cocktail
- In a champagne flute, add the simple syrup and the juice from 1/4 of a kaffir lime.
- Using the rind that you just squeezed juice from, lightly rub around the rim of the flute.
- Top the simple syrup with Champagne.
- Thread some fresh cranberries onto a cocktail stirrer and garnish. Serve. Sip.