Spice up the holidays with decadent corn cakes. Be wary of popping corn in the pan.
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and minced
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for frying
For the Spicy Ranch Dip:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6-8 dashes of tabasco sauce
To assemble dip
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and store in a sealed container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, corn, cheeses, bacon, onions, flour, egg, spices, and lime juice and zest. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a heavy duty pan over medium heat.
- Use approximately 1/4 cup of mixture to make cakes and fry until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes each side.
- Top with spicy ranch dip and serve warm.