Melted cheese? Say no more. This recipe couldn't be simpler so you might want to make two if you have a large crowd coming.
- 1 1/2 pounds fontina cheese, rind removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack 5-inches from the heat.
- Distribute the cubes of Fontina evenly in a 12-inch cast-iron pan. Drizzle on the olive oil. Combine the garlic, thyme, and rosemary and sprinkle it over the cheese and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place under the broiler for 6 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling and starts to brown.
- Serve with crusty chunks of french bread.