It’s that time of year again where we bundle up to go outside and cozy up with big mugs of hot chocolate in the evenings. Sometimes you need something a little extra to go with your hot chocolate, and these peppermint hot chocolate biscotti from A Kitchen Addiction are perfect for dipping in your mug of hot chocolate on a chilly evening wrapped up in your favorite warm blanket.
- 2 Cup flour
- 1/2 Cup Double Chocolate Ghirardelli hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Ghirardelli white melting wafers
- Crushed peppermint candy, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until well-combined.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Divide dough into 2 logs shaped into 10″ long x 2″ inch wide and about 1″ thick.
- Transfer logs to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until firm to the touch and starting to turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log into 1 inch pieces. Arrange pieces on baking sheet so that they are not touching.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes per side or until dry and crisp.
- Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt wafers according to package instructions in a microwave safe bowl. Put crushed peppermint candy in another bowl. Dip biscotti into candy coating, allow excess to drip off and then dip in crushed peppermint candies. Place on wax paper until candy coating has hardened.