The hint of pumpkin comes through the spices of the chai and ties it to the hint of spice from the eggnog making for a warm, comforting drink that is perfect for relaxing after a big day of cooking (and eating!).
- 2 Cup water
- 2 Cup lite eggnog
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 4 black tea bags
- 1/4 Cup pumpkin
- In a small saucepan, stir together water, eggnog, spices, vanilla, maple syrup, and honey until combined. Add in tea bags.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Pour chai through a fine strainer into a heat-safe container. Stir in pumpkin until combined.
- Divide chai into two mugs and serve