I like to add a bit of roasted garlic and rosemary to my mashed potatoes, but if I’m feeling really festive this recipe is my go-to. The richness of the butternut squash complements the potatoes perfectly, plus the orange and white swirls are beautiful and look just like autumn in a bowl!
- 2 large side containers of Boston Market Mashed Potatoes, hot (can be heated in their microwaveable containers)
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cube butternut squash; boil 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, puree and swirl squash using a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Swirl pureed squash into 2 large containers Boston Market Mashed Potatoes.
- Brown 4 tablespoons butter with 1/4 cup chopped sage and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Melt butter in a light-colored, heavy-bottomed skillet on medium heat.
- Stir continuously – the butter will foam and subside, and browned specks will begin to form. When the butter has a nutty aroma, remove from heat and pour over mashed potatoes/squash mixture.