Impress your guests with this simple yet stunning dessert. Layers of toasted Honey Wheat Bread, raspberry jam, strawberries and a fluffy whipped cream mixture look beautiful arranged in any glass dish.
- 12 slices Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon powered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sliced balanced almonds, toasted
- Cut each bread slice into 3 equal-size strips. Place in a single layer on large baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 5 minutes; turn strips over and continue baking for 3 minutes. (Bread should be dry and only very lightly toasted.) Cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, stirring almond extract into mix with milk; set aside.
- Spread one side of each bread strip with jam.
- Gently fold 1 cup whipped cream into pudding until well blended.
- Arrange about 10 bread strips jam sides up, in bottom of 2 1/2- to 3-quart round straight-sided dish (a soufflé or trifle dish works well).
- Arrange 16 bread strips, jam side facing in, upright around side of dish.
- Layer one half the strawberries and pudding mixture over bread.
- Top with remaining bread strips; repeat berry and pudding layers.
- Gently fold powdered sugar into remaining whipped cream. Spread over top of trifle.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle toasted almonds over top.