Spice up your morning with this barbecue breakfast hash recipe.
For the hash
- 1 lb. dark turkey meat, cooked and pulled
- 2 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and small diced
- 1 Spanish onion, small diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. canola oil, plus more for frying
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Dinosaur BBQ Sauce
- All-purpose Red Rub (mix recipe below)
For the all-purpose Red Rub
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Kosher salt
- ¼ cup sugar in the raw
- 2 Tbs dark chili powder
- 1 Tbs granulated garlic
- 1 Tbs granulated onion
- 1 ½ Tbs black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
To make the rub
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. You will have leftover spice mixture.
- Using a medium size pot, place 5 cups of cold water, 1 tablespoon salt and diced potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat- reduce heat to medium high and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes until soft but not mushy.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a sauté pan over medium high heat, add the oil, then poblano peppers, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover onions and peppers with lid, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring 2-3 times until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent.
- When potatoes are done, drain and place in mixing bowl, add cooked onion/pepper mix, pulled turkey, all purpose rub, and BBQ sauce. Vigorously mix all ingredients together to incorporate.
- Form mixture into 6 patties, making sure the mix is packed tight before shaping. Place flour in a shallow plan and dust both sides of patty shaking off excess.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with about 4 tbsp. oil.
- Cook the lightly floured patties in pan, letting both sides get crispy.
- After 4 minutes, flip patties and continue cooking additional 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with a sunny egg on top.