A tasty way to polish off any leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 2 Tablespoons Canola oil
- 6 cups Cooked white rice
- 16 ounces Turkey meat, dark and white meat scraps
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Green onions, chopped
- ½ cup Dried cherries (or cranberries)
- ½ cup Roasted chestnuts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh sage, chopped
- ¼ cup Leftover turkey gravy (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick pan on medium high heat, add half the oil, add the eggs and stir until cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the pan and turn to high heat, add the rice, cook while tossing and stirring for one to two minutes.
- Add green onions, sweet potatoes, chestnuts, cherries and turkey meat. Continue to cook while tossing for another minute, add the cooked eggs and herbs, stir together until well mixed.
- Add the gravy and stir in, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.To serve, scoop equal portions onto four plates and enjoy.