This is definitely the cheesiest way to enjoy all of your Thanksgiving holiday leftovers.
- 1 pound Cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound Shredded turkey meat
- 1 cup Leftover stuffing (optional)
- 3 Medium size sweet potatoes, cut into small dices, cooked in salted water till tender
- 1 cup Cooked peas
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 5 Sage leafs, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Leftover cranberry relish (optional)
- 1½ quarts Milk
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 4 cups Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Grated Fontina cheese
- In a large pot add butter, onion, sage and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, whisk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add milk and continue to whisk till mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- After milk has thickened, whisk in the mascarpone, fontina and one cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Once cheese melts and sauce becomes smooth, fold in the turkey meat, sweet potatoes, peas and pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pasta mixture in a 3-inch baking dish, cover with remaining cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes till golden brown.
- Serve with a tablespoon of cranberry relish.