This decadent dessert will make a dramatic presentation for guests and partygoers.
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon 151 rum
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Combine the chocolate and cream in the top of a double boiler set oversimmering water.
- Heat until the chocolate is melted, stirringconstantly; or combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safebowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30-45 seconds. Be careful not to burn chocolate.
- Pour into a warm fondue pot.
- Pour the caramel into the center of the chocolate mixture. Do notstir.
- Add the rum to the pot and ignite carefully, using a long woodenmatch or lighter. Allow the flame to burn out and stir gently tocombine.
- Sprinkle with the pecans before serving. Keep fondue warm over low heat. Serve with assorted fruits, marshmallows or 1-inch cubed pieces of pound cake.